Friday, December 13, 2013

The "N"s in my life

If there is an epic Prof. N in O&G department, in surgery, we have a legendary Dr. N.
I feel the same whenever they are in front of me, that special aura that makes my muscles tensed up and brain function to slow down. 

Clinic #1: 

"Neoh, examine the neck swelling of this patient."

After all the palpation and percussion .....

"What are your differentials?"

*gulp. 

"erm, goiter?" *took a quick glance at her face. 

Face changes noted. Not a good answer. 

"That is a SIGN. Now give me DIAGNOSIS" 

I just stared blankly at the table and pretending I was trying hard to think while my brain is actually...empty. 

And I forgot what happened next.

Not even the simplest thyroglossal cyst I can say it out loud. Feel like smacking myself after that. 


Clinic #2:

"Neoh, clerk this patient." 

FYI she doesn't want us to clerk beforehand. She usually did it on the spot. Like this.

After booming the patient with all the signs and symptoms of hyperthyroidism, I turned and look at her..

"Not enough."

*gasped.
Think nhl thinkkkk.

ok deep breath in........"macam mana dengan period puan?"

"HA!"

oh that feels good.

***************************************************************************
Well most of the time I ended up like in the first situation. And it sometimes makes me feel so frustrated when I can't remember stuffs from pre clinical year.
Time to gear up and work harder. 


p/s: I am a "N" too! LOL  









No comments:

Post a Comment